2021 Volkswagen Atlas Towing Capacity
With a properly-equipped Volkswagen Atlas, you can tow up to 5,000 pounds to all your great escapes near Littleton, Parker, and Castle Rock, CO. Interested in exploring the engine, powertrain, and safety features of this SUV? Our team at McDonald Volkswagen goes into detail about the 2021 Volkswagen Atlas towing capacity below.
Power To the Max
To take advantage of the maximum towing capabilities of the 2021 VW Atlas, a factory-installed trailer hitch and a 3.6L V6 FSI® engine are required. To further optimize this SUV’s pulling power, available features include:
- 8-Speed Automatic Transmission: Having eight speeds can help improve the efficiency and performance of your SUV.
- All-Wheel Drive: Whether you choose the 2.0L TSI® engine or the 3.6L V6 FSI® engine, AWD is available for an amplified winter weather driving experience.
- 4Motion® with Active Control: With the turn of a dial, you can switch between four different available all-wheel-drive modes—Snow Mode, On-Road Mode, Off-Road Mode, and Off-Road Custom Mode—to fit your driving situation.
- Tiptronic® Mode: Take control of your driving situation at hand with this driving feature that allows you to shift manually when needed.
The VW Atlas provides power and control in many forms to keep any camping or off-roading adventure running smoothly.
Safety Practice in Your VW Atlas
In your VW Atlas, we want you to have control while you tow. To avoid any accidents along your desired travels, this SUV offers plenty of comprehensive safety features:
- Forward Collision Warning with Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist): If the car in front of you brakes suddenly, this standard system automatically applies the brakes to bring your vehicle and whatever you’re towing to a halt to prevent an accident.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): On those long turnpike hauls with your pop-up camper, this available feature will keep you cruisin’ and will keep you at a safe distance from the person in front of you.
- Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS): In the event of a collision that deploys your airbags, the standard ICRS can turn off the fuel pump, unlock your doors, and activate your hazard lights.
If you’re heading to a mountainside resort with your fishing boat in tow, you can feel confident that your VW Atlas has your safety and security in mind.