5-Star Overall Safety Rating Award: Volkswagen Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport
Do you want an SUV that prioritizes your safety and security out on the open road? The 2021 VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport have received a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). This is a big win for drivers near the Littleton, Parker, and Castle Rock, CO, areas, interested in getting behind the wheel of these SUVs.
Our team at McDonald Volkswagen has put together this informative piece about the impeccable safety systems in the VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport. On this page, you will also learn how these SUVs got their 5-star safety rating award and other technologies that further optimize their security. Ready to learn more? Start reading below!
And the 5-Star Overall Safety Rating Award Goes To…
For the 2021 VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport, the NHTSA awarded these SUVs a 5-star overall safety rating. This means that these SUVs passed all safety tests with flying colors.
The NHTSA performs a variety of tests to ensure safety through frontal crashes, side crashes, and rollover situations.
- Frontal crash: This assessment tests driver and front passenger safety by performing a head-on collision test between two similar vehicles.
- Side crash: To test front and rear seat passengers’ security, the NHTSA simulates an intersection collision and a fixed object collision.
- Rollover: The Rollover Resistance test measures a vehicle’s rollover risk in a loss-of-control scenario.
Being awarded a 5-star overall safety rating is a huge win for the 2021 VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport. With that shining seal on these SUVs, you can rest assured that your safety is in trustworthy hands every time you get behind the wheel.
VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport Driver-Assistance Features
Now that you know the 2021 VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport were awarded a 5-star overall safety rating, you’re probably wondering what safety features helped them achieve this status. It starts with safety being a VW core value. Both SUVs are equipped with manifold active and passive safety systems to help out wherever you go.
You can find these standard features across the VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport trim levels:
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System: In the event of an accident, this system can apply the brakes after a primary collision is detected to reduce the chance of additional damage.
- Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS): In certain types of collisions, this feature can turn off the fuel pump, unlock all doors, and switch on the hazard lights.
- Rearview camera: This camera feature allows you to check your surroundings behind you while backing up or parallel parking. Higher trims equip the rearview camera with dynamic guidelines.
These SUVs can also utilize standard and available driver-assistance features, such as:
- Forward Collision Warning
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Traffic Alert System
- Available Lane Keeping System
- Available Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
Higher trim levels of these secure SUVs also standardize Park Assist features like Park Distance Control, Maneuver Braking, and Parking Steering Assistant.
Get Behind the Wheel of the VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport Today!
Were you impressed by the VW Atlas and VW Atlas Cross Sport, its safety features, and 5-star overall safety rating? If so, stop by McDonald Volkswagen near the Littleton, Parker, and Castle Rock, Colorado, areas, to schedule a test drive and learn more about these safe and secure SUVs.